[permaculture] manual tools for tilling?

Charlotte Dion cadion at verizon.net
Mon Apr 5 19:55:58 EDT 2010

You might want to look at broadforks, aka u-bar tillers. We've convinced
our community gardeners to give up the roto-tilling by having this tool
available. We have a sandy/loamy soil and the broadfork requires a whole
lot less human energy input than shovel or hand fork.
http://www.newedengarden.org/2010/03/19/to-till-or-not-to-till-revisited/

Your annual rye can be knocked down or mowed down to act as a mulch layer.

Digging in Spring is a happy thing!

-Charlotte