[permaculture] FW: how to acquire land

Redding, Trudie A tredding at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 10 15:36:25 EDT 2009

Excellent comments. I asked the realtor in San Saba TX why there were so many churches in town with such a small pop and he said, well they don't have anything to do so they go to one church service and then to another church for a second church service, between that and football, the red state is nothing like the blue state area I live in in Austin, but regionally near San Saba there are some havens I gravitate toward, Lampasas and of course Goldthwaite.
In hindsight I could have bought some blackland to grow pecan trees, but it floods so much in Texas, when it does rain that I wanted something on top of a hill! And the idea is to dig into it to build a residence using the hill to advantage. Not done however, but nice to dream, as you said, some of us are city folk. Meanwhile, the land is healing, I hope.
Trudie Redding
Electrical and Computer Engg
ENS 103 C0803
512-471-8044