[permaculture] Eucalyptus

Grifen grifenhope at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:01:42 EDT 2009

Hola from Chile.
Has anyone out there used Eucalyptus globulus and / or E. nitens as round
pole for post and beam? Do you know if it´s possible to use it green, and
with or without bark? I have seen both species used all over Peru and
Bolivia in adobe, but have conflicting responses from locals. We have used
it here in light roof construction and it splits heavily as it dries in
sweltering summer heat. We want to use for post, beam, rafter and purlin in
cabins with light straw clay. Any advice and resources welcome.
Gracias,
Grifen