[permaculture] Permaculture in Japan?

ChildrensPeaceGuild childrenspeaceguild at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 4 10:24:22 EDT 2009

Dobar Dan,

This is slightly off subject, but perhaps someone reading this can help with more details, as there is some overlap between biodynamics and permaculture:

In 2006 I attended a workshop on biodynamic farming and the presenter mentioned repeatedly that when you look at a special map of Hiroshima and the surrounding region after the bomb was dropped, you can see radioactive areas everywhere except for one or two farms that were practicing biodynamic farming.

Does this ring a bell with anybody?

And I would definitely visit Fukuoka's place. The last I heard his son was continuing operations organically, though not necessarily using Masanobu's natural farming approach. I would be interested in an update.

Also, look into Kiyokazu Shitara and The Permaculture Centre in Japan near  Fujino, Kanagawa.
http://www.pccj.net/

ye6k-str at asahi-net.or.jpor try

masa at toshikobo.com
Zdravo,