[permaculture] seasonal/migrant farming in the USA

Justin Hahn justin.hahn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 10:18:14 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I am interested in working some seasonal/migrant farm jobs in the USA,
specifically chemical-free farming. Would anyone have any tips on where I
ought to start looking? I know about WWOOFing and other unpaid experiences,
but I want to start earning my living by farming. I plan on starting at a
community college to get my AS in sustainable ag next fall, but first I want
to get some real world experience -- and earn a living in the process.
Also what are some major regions/crops I should keep in my mind? For
instance, I know cherries are big in the summer in Michigan, wild rice in
Minnesota in the fall, etc.

best regards,

Justin Hahn

P.s. Currently I am in South Korea (teaching English) but will be returning
to the midwest in early January.