[permaculture] Donation request for maintenance of this permaculture list.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 19 16:51:48 EDT 2009

Justin Hahn wrote:
> i would like to know a break down of the ISP and man-hour costs. i value
> this service and would like to see it continue.

It will continue permanently regardless, not to worry. Thanks to ibiblio for the outstanding hosting.
My DSL costs + an extra email ID are just at $40 per month. Maybe I spend an hour a month
handling requests and subscriptions, sometimes more. The bulk of the work & long manhours
maintaining archives is well behind me so future maintenance needs should be accomplished in
one to two hours a month for the long haul. I value my time at a minimum rate of $15 per hour.

I do this same job for the NAFEX and Gardenwriters (GWL) lists plus my own marketfarming
and seedkeepers forums. PCDB, approtech, machinist, scythe and a few more are such low traffic
as to not require any attention.

I am a full time market farmer (sustainable, natural, biointensive) and rely on income from that
to sustain me financially. This growing season was a disaster; soil tilth problems, weeds, almost
complete drought and equipment repairs pretty much amounted to a profitless spring and summer.
Things are beginning to pick up a little now as my greens crop comes in. Next Spring, I should
be going full tilt.

Thanks for your interest, Justin.

Lawrence