[permaculture] QRY: Production of Miso paste

Chris Wardle cjwardle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 02:50:16 EST 2009

Thanks to Lawrence and others for the Miso Soup recipes.

I'm wondering if list members have information on the process/recipes for
the core Miso Paste ingredients?

I ask as there seems to be a wealth of Soya Beans grown here in Pakistan,
but precious little production of Tofu, Miso and other fermented Soy
products and the one (18 month old) article I have been able to find <
http://search.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/nn20080509f3.html> puts Miso paste
production into the category of a dying art.

Makes me wonder if understanding the processes, trying them out at home and
then building awareness and skills, might be a useful way of improving
maternal and child health and form the basis for the design of development
programmes with a strong permaculture link?

*So, can anyone point me to English language resources (sorry for my
linguistic incompetence) or existing programmes, on building community
skills in this traditional Japanese dietary art?*

Thanks in advance,

Chris Wardle.
~~~~~
Currently with Oxfam GB in Pakistan
Online at Facebook/Skype/Twitter/LinkedIn: cjwardle
Mobile: +92 333 784 1679
~~~~~