[permaculture] compost toilet capacity...

Albert Lee albertcclee at yahoo.com
Sun May 24 14:03:29 EDT 2009

Hello fellow Permies,

I am organizing a gathering of about 20 people for four days.  Currently I have only experimented with a five gallon bucket using wood shavings as covering for my 'organic matter'. I found this five gallon bucket to be adequate for two people for two days of usage. I plan to convert to a system using 20 gallon garbage container.

I would like to learn from my permie elders as to what experience they have with the holding capacity of their compost toilets- how many gallon per person per day??

Thanks so much,
Albert