[permaculture] black to the land/movement of jah people

Food Forests foodforests at mac.com
Mon Jun 29 16:23:11 EDT 2009

"There's a Ghanaian proverb that says Sankofa. Sankofa means return to your past so you can move forward. Even if you look at coming over here during our enslavement, we were brought here to cultivate the land because that's something we did on the continent. So really, that's what many of the people are doing now," he said.

Myers believes urban farming is a way for many African-Americans to reconnect with their past.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/06/29/bia.urban.farming/index.html