[permaculture] Why is permaculture more about selling books, DVDs and training courses?

Douglas Woodard dwoodard at becon.org
Thu Jun 25 14:49:47 EDT 2009

Some other decentralized human systems are science, Islam and the early
Irish church. They work or worked. Science and to a degree permaculture
have the advantage of reality-testing. They're messy, but that's life.

I ran across a somewhat relevant quote from an American political scientist:

"Dememocracy is like a raft that never sinks, but then your feet are
always in the water."

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

Robert Waldrop wrote:
> [...]