[permaculture] dead red wigglers, was Moldy Compost

John Fritz johnfritz77 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 11 18:38:48 EDT 2009

I guess I am missing something.  Why would I want to use a species that dies back every winter if other more hardy species are available?

John Fritz, NW Arkansas.

Message: 1
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:15:31 -0500
From: "NewNorth" <lynnann at newnorth.net>
Subject: [permaculture] Was "moldy compost"
To: <permaculture at lists.ibiblio.org>

heya all, please do check out Will Allen and Growing Power in Milwaukee, WI..

He's the compost King and uses vermicomposting (as do I) to create the best growing soil possible.  We use red wigglers, as they are not hardy and die in the winter.  So...obviously, I say add red wigglers..Growing Power sells them and will ship anywhere I believe.

I had the honor to take his composting workshop, taught by him, and he's an amazing fellow.  check him out...love and peace...lynnann