[permaculture] perennial polyculture from RAND corporation or

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 14 18:04:05 EST 2009

Thank you Jonathan.

The article goes on to say that the only way it would likely to be
adopted was to include biocides and genetically engineered plants. They
also talked about it as if there weren't anyone on the planet actually
practicing it (except for Wes Jackson) whereas in reality MANY people
are. The article even quotes one source saying, “humans have produced
food from integrated polycultures for approximately 98.5% of farming
history”, but do they see that it continues still? No. The corporations
are always looking at these things through very distorted lenses and
they generally fuck it up as a result.

Johnathan Avery Yelenick wrote:
> Corporate capitalist agribusiness must NOT be conflated with permaculture.
> Permaculture is fundamentally an ethical framework based upon Care for the
> Earth, Care for People, and Surplus Share; none of which modern capitalist
> structures fulfill in slight comparison with what is possible or what is
> done in non-capitalist, non-centralized economies like parecons
> (parecon.org)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd60nYW577U
>
> perennial polyculture may be utilized without going through the
> organizational modes of permaculturally implied systems.

> [permaculture] perennial polyculture from RAND corporation or
>
> just found a very interesting article from RAND corporation - a US military
> industrial research corporation - about perennial polyculture - looks to me,
> that corporate agribusiness will soon in the permaculture business
>
> you might not be interested in multinational corporations and global
> capitalism, but they are interested in you
>
> http://www.endgame.org.uk/pdfs/polyculture.pdf

> Google command to search archives:

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."
Permaculture Activist Magazine
PO Box 5516, Bloomington, IN 47407
(812) 335-0383
- Permaculture Activist <http://www.permacultureactivist.net/>
- Permaculture Trading Post <http://www.permaculturetradingpost.com/>
- Patterns for Abundance Design & Consulting
<http://www.permacultureactivist.net/design/Designconsult.html>
- Permaculture & Regenerative Design News Blog
<http://kjpermaculture.blogspot.com/>
- APPLE (Alliance for Post-Petroleum Local Economics) It's a small world
after oil. <http://www.relocalize.net/groups/applebloomington>

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
<http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
<http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>