[permaculture] perennial polyculture from RAND corporation

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 14 14:56:11 EST 2009

Despite the fact that this report was written for the Rand corporation
it's still well-written, fairly accurate, with good charts /
illustrations, but with unimaginative conclusions. It even quotes one
source saying, “humans have produced food from integrated polycultures
for approximately 98.5% of farming history.” It does, however, fail to
recognize that it continues to be practiced by many cultures on the
earth (except by Wes Jackson at the Land Institute) and completely
ignores permaculture's contribution but draws on material from ATTRA, on
the one hand, and corporate shills like Bjorn Lomborg on the other. They
are still betting on grains, bioengineering, and global trade as the
principal means to make their "polycultures" successful.
http://www.endgame.org.uk/pdfs/polyculture.pdf

--

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
<http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
<http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>