[permaculture] Gaia Permaculture...Permaculturists calls for emergency "Plan C"

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 12 13:00:56 EST 2009

*Plan C: Community Survival Strategies for Peak Oil and Climate Change*
By Pat Murphy

/Plan C/ <http://www.communitysolution.org/plancbook.html> explores the
risks inherent in trying to continue our energy-intensive lifestyle.
Using dirtier fossil fuels (Plan A) or switching to renewable energy
sources (Plan B) allows people to remain complacent in the face of
potential global catastrophe. Dramatic lifestyle change is the only way
to begin to create a sustainable, equitable world.

The converging crises of Peak Oil, Climate Change and increasing
inequity are presented in a clear, concise manner, as are the twin
solutions of community (where cooperation replaces competition) and
curtailment (deliberately reducing consumption of consumer goods). /Plan
C/ shows how each person's individual choices can dramatically reduce
CO_2 emissions. It offers specific strategies in the areas of food,
transportation and housing.

Plan C is an indispensable resource for anyone interested in living a
lower-energy, saner, and sustainable lifestyle.

"Read it, send copies to your city council members, roll up your sleeves
and join in. It's the only decent future we have."
-- David Orr, author of /Ecological Literacy/ and /Earth in Mind/

"An indispensable book from a wise, compassionate, and practical man."
-- Richard Heinberg, author of /The Party's Over: Oil, War and the Fate
of Industrial Societies/; Senior Fellow, Post Carbon Institute

"...a powerful and persuasive glimpse of the future."
-- Bill McKibben, author of /Deep Economy/; co-founder 350.org

"The world is at peak injustice, and that one point, and its
ramifications, make /Plan C/ essential reading."
-- Albert Bates, author of /The Post Petroleum Survival Guide and Cookbook/

"In /Plan C,/ Pat Murphy has not only shown us the life we /should/ lead
-- he has shown us the life we /must/ lead -- if we are to survive on
this planet."
-- Adam Corson-Finnery, author of /World Citizen: Action for Global
Justice/

**

--

Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."

- Transition Indiana <http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/> - Blog
<http://transitionindiana.blogspot.com/>

- Transition Bloomington <http://transitionbloomingtonind.ning.com/>
- Association for Regenerative Culture <http://www.arculture.org/>
- The Gardeners' World Blog <http://theecosystem.blogspot.com/>
- Renaissance Farm and Permaculture Center
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/growers/show/212>
- Bloomington Permaculture Growers Cooperative
<http://bloomingtongrowers.locallygrown.net/>
- Bloomington Permaculture Guild Blog
<http://bloomingtonpermacultureguild.blogspot.com/> - Calendar
<http://my.calendars.net/bloomingtonpccal/>