[permaculture] Exxon makes record profits and loves "scarcity" i.e. loves the Peak Oil mythology

Douglas Barnes duckrace2000 at yahoo.ca
Tue Feb 3 13:52:21 EST 2009

I have to agree with Robert Waldrop and with the International Energy Agency. I don't subscribe to the creamy nougat theory. We live in a closed system with its non-renewable resources (and improperly managed renewable resources) subject to diminishing returns upon extraction. And looking at what our species does when energy is readily available, we'd all better hope peak oil comes soon.