[permaculture] Lakota Permaculture Course extends Early Bird deadline!

Udan Farm udanfarm at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 25 12:44:58 EDT 2009

I got an email from the organizer of this course-they are extending the Early Bird Discount!
She said "We are extending the Early Bird special and we may consider price cuts or payments, etc, to get people there though the costs are higher for this course than most because we are funding some Lakota coming, etc. This is going to be a kick off of a "sustainability/resilience school" on the rez, so is very historically important. Pine Ridge could become a center for sustainability, if things go as we want them to, which would be very, very appropriate. There are so many exciting things attached to this course, I really want to make it happen and have it be very successful."

Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation - Permaculture Design Course
Pine Ridge, S.D., USA
Dates:  September 11-September 27, 2009
Location: Pine Ridge Lakota Reservation, Pine Ridge, S.D., USA

Description: World-recognized certification course covers sustainable living systems design for all landscapes, circumstances and climates.  Learn how to create sustainable food systems, water harvesting, built environments, economies, communities and more. Gain these essential skills in a Native American context, a very unique opportunity. The Oglala Lakota tribe has a rich history and Pine Ridge reservation is at the center of it with Wounded Knee and other key historical sites.  In addition to the 72 hour certification course, workshops will be offered by tribal members on appropriate technologies, tribal history and native practices and there will be field trips to view sustainable projects and other aspects of the reservation.
The course is appropriate for those seeking to apply permaculture practices in their own lives or in their communities in diverse ways, as well providing a foundation for those intending to teach permaculture and/or provide professional design and consulting services.
Instructor will be Warren Brush who is a permaculture designer and educator in North America and Africa, founder of True Nature Design, and co-founder of Quail Springs Learning Oasis and Permaculture Farm and Trees for Children.
Workshops will also be offered by tribal members on appropriate technologies, tribal history and native practices and there will be field trips to view sustainable projects and other aspects of the reservation.
Prices include tuition, certification, handbook/course guide, organic catered meals, and camping accommodations nearby. Teepees will be available for early registrants.
Early registration with deposit to secure a place in the course is advised as enrollment is limited and the course is expected to fill quickly.
*Regular price: $1,500, Couples price for second partner: $1,200
Early Bird price (for payment in full by July 15, 2009): $1,350.
PDC Graduates/Refresher Course Early Bird price: $1,200. Regular registration $400 deposit to secure your space with balance due by Sept 1, 2009.

Instructors: Warren Brush and local guest instructors

Cost: $1350 Early Bird, Regular price $1500 see above or website for more details, early bird info, and discounts.

		Contact: Cory Brennan
				818-731-4706	cory at thepermacultureguild.com
For more information go to http://www.thepermacultureguild.com/images/doc/lakota%209-11.doc