[permaculture] new article: concerns about the way most people raise chickens

Marjory forestgarden at gvtc.com
Wed Aug 12 17:37:53 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

I've been meaning to write.  I have two specific editing comments -
which I hope comes across as gently as I am intneding it...  .  I
suggest changing the name of the article to "Six Ways To Keep Chickens"
which is a neutral title.  "Concerns About How Most People Raise
Chickens" comes across with a critical tone and might cause problems
with readers from the git-go, especially readers with a coop and run
system..

Also, I would delete most of the first paragraph and start the article
along lines as follows:

    six approaches to raising chickens

These are all of the methods I'm aware of for raising chickens. There
are also combinations of these techniques.  I've tried nearly all of
them. I've visited a lot of farms. All of these can be done in the city
or on acreage. Here are the core six methods along with comparisons of
their practical implementations (breeds, predators, city limitations,
improving production, lowering costs, etc.).

Hope this helps.

Marjory