[permaculture] Tree Tubes

mIEKAL aND qazingulaza at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:25:06 EDT 2009

My dogs love chasing rabbits, but while they're chasing one rabbit, 10
other rabbits will be enjoying a 3 course meal at my expense.  & dogs
(my aussie shepards anyway)  are not a deterrent for mice, voles, &
rats....

I also like the added benefit of the greenhouse effect of the tubes
for slow growing seedlings.  Often times I've grown the same batch of
seedlings with & without tubes & the stock grown with tubes can be 2-3
times larger.  It's important to remove the tubes or change to wire
after the first or second year to encourage winter hardiness & prevent
the tubes from becoming a fungal vector.

~mIEKAL