[permaculture] composting people

trevor william johnson john2116 at msu.edu
Mon May 26 16:50:03 EDT 2008

also in jenkins humanure handbook he says that we have been using
composting to turn dead animals into compost.  he does not say
anything about composting humans though.  i imagine the process is
the same. does anyone out there know anything of this practice?  i
would love to be spread under a fruit or nut tree or even on a field
after my body is dead.  however i currently have concerns about
cycling heavy metals and possible bioaccumulation in food and people.