[permaculture] Oleg Sorokhtin for RIA Novosti: A cold spell soon to replace

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Tue Jan 29 18:23:47 EST 2008

J. Kolenovsky wrote:

> So, what's being said here?  Are we eating a line of crap about Global
> Warming?  Does this sentence mean that everyone is lying about the

> warming? - " We have no reason to panic about allegations that ice in
> the Arctic Ocean is thawing rapidly and will soon vanish altogether. As
> it really is, scientists say the Arctic and Antarctic ice shields are
> growing".

He must be sayingthat for its rhetorical value. Is would be sily to ignore
ocean ice thawing because its effects are widespread, apparently. Disastrous
changes in weather patters are one reason to take it seriously.

So, what's up with up?"

He seems to think that this cycle he describes will definitely bring us
to an ice age following the warming and ice thawing cycle. And reall soon too.

Build an underground home superinsulated with huge solar collectors and big
greenhouses for diversified food production and waste and nutrient recycling.

It will take a lot longer to get to Houston though. We might want to start being nicer to Chavez so he'll
welcome coloniziers from up North who will want to settle in his country, Colombia too.