[permaculture] Seed Conference Info

Adrienne Rayna rocknrayna at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 16:09:33 EST 2008

Seed Conference - Lehigh Valley PA

On Saturday, January 26, 2008, the Alliance for Sustainable Communities-Lehigh Valley is hosting an all-day conference focused on "Seeds". Open to the public at no charge, it is being held at Morning Star Center, 1966 Creek Rd, Bethlehem PA.

Opening at 9am, it will begin with a showing of the Future of Food (see description below) about genetically modified food and the role of Monsanto. A discussion will follow.

Next, a session on seed saving. This will include how to save seeds, why we should save seeds, seed savers exchanges, and an exploration of whether we need to develop a seed bank in the Lehigh Valley.

Lunch will follow and be provided.

After lunch we will break out a variety of seed catalogue! s and share experiences about which are best. We will introduce a number of uncommon vegetables that are excellent foods which can be grown in this area.

Finally we will show another DVD on GMOs, updating the first one.

Register by emailing Steve:   livingpotentials at yahoo.com

   Click here for directions to   Morningstar .