[permaculture] Insights into the SSE debate by knowledgeable insiders.

LINDARAY at att.net LINDARAY at att.net
Tue Jan 22 09:17:55 EST 2008

Hello Michael,

you wrote:

Quote:
Whatever the case may be with this incident, it shows very clearly that
everyone should be participating in saving our seed heritage and that there
should be many seed networks, global, national, regional and local.  Don’t put
too many eggs in one basket such as SSE. The world’s seed heritage is a very
important bunch of eggs.
Endquote.

I hope all those who are growing out seed for the SSE feel the same way you do about this statement..
What that means is, I hope those growers will place some of the fruits of their labors out with other seed banks.

I am waiting to see the signed and published letter which guarantees that the takeover team will refuse to sell out the SSE.
If their intentions were benign, IMO that would have been their first priority. Instead, they are stonewalling.

It is my hope that folks will participate in the Seedsaver List , forum and etc being revitalized by Larry L here. I certainly will.

Namaste,

Linda

PS: To all concerned- Please understand that I have absolutely no desire to promote contention here. I am simply stating what I strongly feel is the right thing to do. I hold nothing against anyone whose opinion differs, and I bless us all, folks who care.
OTOH, it is always easier to do nothing. IMO, 'nothing' is the wrong thing to do.
-------------- Original message from Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees at yahoo.com>: --------------