[permaculture] Insights into the SSE debate by knowledgeableinsiders.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Tue Jan 22 08:52:52 EST 2008

Kathleen O'Brien Blair wrote:

> There is really one big no-no when it comes to 501c3 - no excess
> enrichment to individuals inside or outside of the organization. Unless
> the "board"  pony up with documentation to prove their assertions, they
> need to go away.

They're working the twit factor, allowing National Enquirer-style smut mongering to sway opinion
their way. That's easy to see. If those unfortunately suckered by this can't see the light,
it will only be their loss in being deprived of the opportunity to support Kent and his
guidance of SSE to ensure a stable future for that organization.

> They assert that he was doing things seriously wrong - but don't offer
> proof. The very fact that they have changed the rules and
> disenfranchised all the members points to nefarious intent on the
> "board's" part - not Kent's. I've seen it before that a "board' will

Exactly right, good point.

> decide that it doesn't like someone but doesn't really have anything to
> get rid of them with, so they'll assert "good of the organization" as a
> catch all. It's not really for the good of the organization - it's for
> their own convenience. Or, they get rid of someone who is about to blow
> the whistle on them. I wonder if Kent was going to reveal things to the
> members the 'board' wants kept from them?

Right again. Good observation.

> Nah - this is smelling more and more to me like the women have ganged up
> on him to punish him, and the men have gone along.

Looks that way.

> This is petty tribal politics pure and simple. The "board" need to
> resign and Kent needs to come back.

Absolutely and immediately.

> Honestly, if my husband cheated on me I'd be rageful, and hateful and
> vengeful and awful to the hilt. But I wouldn't take his soul's work away
> from him in revenge.

That's the kind of woman a man needs. Good for you.

> <I might, however, shave off his mustache and beard on only one side of
> his face while he's asleep, and paint his toenails red. For starters.>

Let him eat take out fast food for two months, that would do it.