[permaculture] Homo sapien? re: changes at SSE

Johnathan Avery Yelenick yelenick at riseup.net
Sun Jan 20 14:54:37 EST 2008

More like Homo economicus, eh? There is nothing "sapient" concering the
activities of the board at Seed Saver's Exchange.

From: lbsaltzman at aol.com
>  I think this is a typical example of Homo Sapiens greed for power and
> control.? I have seen this disease infect non-profits before.? It is a
> lousy way to treat a founder who has nurtured and grown an organization.?
> Everyone should write letters and put the board members feet to the fire.
> Nothing justified who Kent Wheately was treated by the board.

WITHOUT DEAD TIME!
WITHOUT RESTRAINT!
WITHOUT THE PLANETARY WORK MACHINE!

"If your experience is that your water comes from the tap and that your
food comes from the grocery store then you are going to defend to the
death the system that brings those to you because your life depends on
that; if your experience is that your water comes from a river and that
your food comes from a land base then you will defend those to the death
because your life depends on them. So part of the problem is that we have
become so dependent upon this system that is killing and exploiting us, it
has become almost impossible for us to imagine living outside of it and
it's very difficult physically for us to live outside of it."
— Derrick Jensen