[permaculture] Listserve

J Hobbs hobbsj at efn.org
Wed Jan 2 21:28:29 EST 2008

--

WOW!
I drift in and out of this group when the posts
go to list serve techie stuff -- disrespectful
communications or extensive politicsŠ.

But I am really listening now-

Over the past several years, very similar
exchanges have taken place-though this time there
has been a quantum leap-CAPPED expletives to one
of our members-I believe that is a firstŠ.

We are in the midst of exhibiting a species wide
challengeŠ this time in communication-

What is the opportunity in this crisis?
As humans, we have the intellectual and emotion
capacity to have unbridled respect for one
another-within this respect is the Permaculture
Ethic: Care for People-

How will we get down the 'sustainable' road when
we are absorbed in such idiosyncratic
conversations?

I believe it was Che Guevara who said something like:
The Left have their firing squads in a circle...

Are we not all on the same side??  How much of
our life energies' do we need to utilize to
distract us from the true work of Caring for the
Earth?

I offer some simple guidelines for shifting toward positivism on this site:

o Clearly state intentions and or needs-
o Listen more and judge less
o And then get onto the next thing

A part of me would like to bolt from this
list-not be supportive of discourteous
actions--but then am I being like the rest of
society running from what is uncomfortable-or
stay and be part of the solution?

My partner, Jerome, has subscribed to a recently emerged group:
Perma-Psychology:   http://groups.google.com/group/perma-psychology?hl=en
He recommends this might be the place to bring
inter-personal (Zone 00) topics for dialogue.

Let's see if we can evolve our tendency toward war and go for peace.

Wishing you a bountiful 2008,

Jude
http://www.cascadiapermaculture.com