[permaculture] Independent Freeholds

Todd Siegel todd.siegel at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:19:25 EST 2008

Hi Brent,

I don't know either, but you piqued my interested so I did a little
googling.

 From http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/freehold-land.html

A freehold is "Real property held under fee simple absolute in
possession."

So from http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/fee-simple-absolute-in-possession.html

Fee simple means:

"Highest form of legal estate in freehold land denoting complete
ownership. 'fee simple' means ownership that will not end with the
death of the present owner but will descend to his or her heirs.
'Absolute' means that owner's rights of ownership are not limited by
any condition. And 'inpossession' signifies immediacy of those rights.
Also called by its short form 'fee simple.'"

Searches on "independent freehold" didn't turn up anything useful,
sorry.  I think he made that term up.  :-)

According to his website, JHK is not accepting emails anymore or you
could have just asked him.  Perhaps try the book discussion forum on
KunstlerCast.com: http://kunstlercast.com/forum/index.php?board=6.0

Cheers,
Todd