[permaculture] What are your favorite permaculture tools?

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Mon Dec 1 20:00:07 EST 2008

Zachary Mermel wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> As the global economy creaks and groans, now might be a good time to invest
> in a full set of well-made tools.  These tools could be purchased by an
> individual, or by a co-op of neighbors who agree to share the tools.
>
> So... What are some of *your *favorite tools?  If possible, please list the
> company from whom you sourced the tools.

For starters:

Gardening Hand Tool Sourcelist
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/documents/gardening-hand-tools.faq

There are many more tools available these days that need to be added to this list.
I will put together info in this thread and incorporate it into the document.

I make gardening hand tools in my shop and will offer some of these for sale in the coming
months. I will create a section in my blog for this endeavor:
http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com

Some companies offering especially good hand tools are:

Hida Tool (farmer hoe, ridge-making tool, farmer rake, hand scythes, hand hoes)

Garrett Wade (imported Dutch spades (some very unique) and seeding rakes (indispensible)

Corona Tools, especially the heavy-duty forged ones (shovels, forks and other tools) imported from Spain

Any mail order sources for the English garden tools such as Bulldog and Spear & Jackson:
Lee Valley Tools, Johnny's Seeds, Peaceful Valley Farm Supply, Smith & Hawken, Harmony Farm Supply