[permaculture] what makes black locust last so long? -a method for removal

Niels Corfield mudguard at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 05:12:59 EDT 2008

The final solution:

Girdle then inoculate with oyster or other aggressive saprophyte after
top-growth has died-off. Use high inoculation rate.
Or perhaps those flavonoids will prevent colonisation by the mycelium?
Be interesting to see what happens.
If the mushroom does establish I wonder if the suckers will be able to
separate themselves from the mother plant thus remaining uncolonised.

Hmm, worth experimenting with.

Or if that doesn't work, you could buy/hire a chipper and go into
business with landscape mulches or heat your house with compost piles. I
bet those suckers are straight and long, perfect for feeding into a
cheap shredder.

My Bookmarks:
http://del.icio.us/entrailer

My Pics and Projects: