[permaculture] Nutcake posts dangerous misinformation about mushrooms

rafter t. sass liberationecology at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 23:22:51 EDT 2008

Hello Pc friends,

So, I'm a wildly enthusiastic mycophile - foraging, cultivating,
teaching...

In my forays through internet mushroom land, I discovered one
particular lunatic in Texas that is posting dangerously wrong
information about wild mushrooms.
Check
http://www.slowmotiondoomsday.com/boletus.html
for a stark example.

God forbid somebody take him at his word - but unfortunately, with no
other context or explanation, it's all to likely that someone will,
or has already.

I emailed him, and asked him to correct his wildly misinformed post.
The email exchange is below. As you can read, much to my surprise he
simply refused, apparently out of sheer pigheadedness.

I'm hoping some others will find it in their conscience to take 30
seconds and email this bozo and convince him to amend or take down
his bad info. Feel free to be more or less diplomatic than me, as the
spirit moves you.

Thanks from me, and on behalf of novice and potential mycophiles
everywhere.

Best,
rafter

rafter t. sass