[permaculture] [Fwd: [SANET-MG] Jerusalem Artichokes, An Overlooked Market

Harmon Seaver hseaver at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 22:25:21 EDT 2008

lbsaltzman at aol.com wrote:
> A little pinch of epizote which is a Mexican herb solves the gas problem.? Works great with beans and I suspect it would work well with Jerusalem Artichokes.

   Epazote is great, I love it with beans, but I use way more than a
pinch. More like a handful, put in when the beans first start cooking.
Adds a great flavor too, for other things as well. A lot of people like
it eggs.
   Unfortunately, the deer also like it, last year they came right into
my yard in the afternoon and ate all my epazote plants to the ground.

--
Harmon Seaver