[permaculture] more on honeybees

lbsaltzman at aol.com lbsaltzman at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 17:30:24 EST 2007

I think the post is on to something. The mass trucking of honeybee hives is starting to sound like bee monoculture which makes the problems not surprising.  I live in the city and have a backyard food forest on approx. a third of an acre of land.  We don't keep bees, but I am seeing an amazing variety of honeybees, native bees, bumblebees and other pollinators thriving on our seventy odd fruit, nut and seed trees as well as berries and other flowering plants.