[permaculture] 2030

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Mon Jun 25 07:03:30 EDT 2007

> There you go, no matter where, there you are.

In the news:
Americans set new mark for giving
• Americans gave twice as much as next most charitable country
• Individuals gave a combined 83.4 percent of the total, with bequests counted
• Biggest chunk of donations went to religious organizations, followed by education
• Report: About 65 percent of households with incomes less than $100,000 gave
NEW YORK (AP) -- Americans gave nearly $300 billion to charitable causes last year,
The biggest chunk of the donations, $96.82 billion or 32.8 percent, went to religious organizations. The second largest
slice, $40.98 billion or 13.9 percent, went to education, including gifts to colleges, universities and libraries.
................<>...................

I must be in the wrong business. Looks like there's big money in religion these days. Now if they had given that
$96.82B$ to the Dalai Lama ...... or the Church of the Subgenius. Looks like pie-in-the-sky has more dollar value than
pie-on-the-plate. Sounds backward to me.

Why didn't 2$B go to permaculture, 5$B to natural farming research and development, 20$B to natural farmers to help them
establish a foothold in the business world (I said _to_ the farmers, not to non profits who would keep most of it and
trickle down a perfunctory pittance to specially selected high profile farmer-bidnessmen-entrepreneurs who got with the
program)?

May the vibes of Bill be with you.

LL
--