[permaculture] crabgrass eradication

paul charybda at newmex.com
Fri Jun 22 20:18:23 EDT 2007

Has anyone tried concentrated vinegar for crabgrass eradication? I use 30 - 60% vinegar for pH adjustment on my tomato crops, and all my neighbors come by and get some for their weed control. Personally I am too busy to sepnd time on weed eraditication, but since my neighbors come back every year for more, I imagine it works for them on some weeds. Vinegar from the grocery store is about 5% acidity, and that is not what I am referring to. This is strong stuff! My tomatoes are certified organic, so this vinegar we use is acceptable to USDA organic standards. I also give my neighbors a liitle yucca extract to add as a surfactant, but I can't imagine that it is all that necessary.

Paul

PS really great to see this list back on topic. Let's all do our best to keep it that way!