[permaculture] starting some fruit trees

Paul Kosuth prkosuth at ll.net
Mon Jun 11 18:10:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Rural King has all their stuff half price which includes some fruit
trees: apples and pears. I have a pretty shaded yard with some
understory oaks and redbuds in my neighbors yard on the fence line.
Also I have some 8- 10 ft rose of sharons in the yard. THe total light
would be about 5-6 hours full sun (that may be generous) and partial
sun at other times. For about $30 I can get two dwarf apples and a
dwarf pear. Since dwarf sized trees can grow on the lot should I go
ahead and give this a try? Should I start with one tree?

Any thoughts would be great. I really need to get going with some
perrenials.

Thanks,

Paul K
prkosuth at ll.net