[permaculture] Greywater

Trudie Redding tredding at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jul 24 12:37:11 EDT 2007

make sure it runs away from the house. No salt or salty residue, if possible. Have a good strainer in all sink and shower. On the outside make sure to put window screen over the opening remove it once in awhile and shake it clean, don't want bugs etc traveling back into the lines, I use some used gutters I found and set them up close below the greyline that comes out of the wall  for a tight fit (window screen helps keep them overlapping well enough, but I can move a few bricks and swivvel the rain gutter around to another location if one area is not getting enough.
Congratulations, you will feel so proud when you get this working. Trudie