[permaculture] Looking for good examples of the use of berms and swales & definition of each

Margaret & Steven Eisenhauer eisenhauerdesign at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 11 19:17:53 EDT 2007

So, where do you plant your plants when you're using a berm in clay soil
(which we have)?  On the tops of the berms?  I'm presuming not in the
valleys, since that's where the water would collect???  And, being clay
soil, what is the recommended/most favorable type of planting for this clay
soil?  Especially if you're talking about planting on the tops of the berms?
S&M