[permaculture] Pond Plant

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lfl at intrex.net
Mon Jan 29 12:42:50 EST 2007

Patrick McKown wrote:

> All these "invasive" pond plants have one thing in common. Continuous sources of nutrients. They
> are a response to this alone.

My ponds catch runoff from watersheds with a lot of gardenspace; it either goes into the ponds or
it fertilizes the neighbor's woods. There is enough nutrient in them to keep duckweed multiplying all winter.
I'd like to purify this water and produce high quality fertilizer from aquatic plants. So far I have duckweed, water
lillies, cattails and papyrus; I plan to add hydrilla. If I can overwinter water hyacinth I will add that too.

--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
Venaura Farm
lfl at intrex.net