[permaculture] leads in Portland Oregon for a young couple

Kathy Evans evansdk at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 22 12:04:09 EST 2007

Hello, I asked this once before, but lost the contact when computer crashed....my daughter and her fiance (23 and 27) are moving from St. Louis to Portland at the end of this month. Does anyone have any recommendations about neighborhoods? They are budding permies, he's an artist/primitive skills type, she's going to midwifery school, they are of modest means. They could also possibly benefit from being able to stay with someone a day or two while they look for a place (I have a couple of names for them but want several so they don't have to stay anyplace more than a couple of days). Or if they find something that seems wonderful from afar they might rent it sight unseen...either a good walking neighborhood or an inviting little house someplace. Possibly want to buy a house eventually. Midwifery school is in Southeast but immediate neighborhood did not appeal to them. Thanks for any leads!  Kathy in St. Louis

Kathy Evans
evansdk at earthlink.net