[permaculture] Software thoughts (Was: Help and conversations for possibility AND action)

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 20 23:09:37 EST 2007

Jedd,
I am I correct in thinking that the page you link to below will get me a
tool that enables simultaneous running of two OS's?

The site says:

Begin enjoying the benefits of server virtualization with the free
VMware Server. VMware Server installs on any existing server hardware
and partitions a physical server into multiple virtual machines by
abstracting processor, memory, storage and networking resources, giving
you greater hardware utilization and flexibility. Streamline software
development and testing and simplify server provisioning as you utilize
the ability to "build once, deploy many times."

...but I don't know what that means. I don't have any server hardware.
Just a laptop.

--
Keith Johnson
"Be fruitful and mulch apply."