[permaculture] Yahoo?

Sean Maley semaley at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 09:30:08 EST 2007

What if Yahoo! turned around and started asking for money (like what meetup did).  If they can't pay for the service by selling ads, they need to charge for the service.  They need to pay their McMansion mortgage, too.  Until we change this cultural pattern, everyone has to work, work, work, ... and pay, pay, pay, ...

Besides, there isn't a tool offered - Yahoo!, Gmail, etc - that the Permaculture community can't provide for themselves.  The only reason to use one of these tools would be to advertise Permaculture as a brand name.  Given our objectives, this logic has merit and we shouldn't stop with one service or another.