[permaculture] Similarities between the Jesus Movement at its origin and the Permaculture movement

Dieter Brand diebrand at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 27 15:10:43 EST 2007

Greg,

  I guess that is one way of looking at it. It just struck me as odd that the
  one thing nature uses to perpetuate itself was singled out as harmful
  or a "questionable pleasure".

  I think that, except for hardened puritans, most would agree that sex is
  part of a normal and healthy life and that suppressing normal body functions
  may well lead to unmoral activities like fumbling little boys after communion
  class. I know, not all priests are like that, but I fear not a few have a problem
  with suppressed sexuality.

  In the 60s and 70s we used to say "make love not war". Judging by your
  comments things have changed a lot since.

  Dieter Brand
  Portugal

Gregory Konger <gjkonger at yahoo.com> wrote:
  Abstaining from sex reduces unwanted pregnancies, abortions, and the amount of energy and materials used and wasted in making birth control devices. Condoms have to be picked out of our sewer systems and they have to be dumped somewhere. Being celibate reduces the population explosion thus reducing our impact on the environment.

Abstaining from food like meat reduces the amount of energy and waste generated from growing crops to feed the animals that we eat. Most of food that they eat comes out as poop thus polluting our watersheds. A lot of the forests especially the rain forests are being cut down for this reason.

Abstaining from worldly possessions reduces the amount of clutter in your home and the amount going to the land fill.

There are many spiritual and environmental books on the subject, so I don't need to go into detail.

Greg Konger

Dieter Brand wrote:

Gregory Konger wrote:
... By abstaining from sex, food, and other questionable pleasures or work, we reduce the amount of destruction done to the environment and to each other.
Beats me, how is that going to help the environment?

Dieter Brand
Portugal

Subscribe or unsubscribe here:
Google command to search archives: