[permaculture] Mycoremediation of petroleum-polluted sites.

David david at h4c.org
Mon Dec 17 11:37:59 EST 2007

Lawrence,

Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
> I've seen a episode of "Bioneers: Saving The Planet" where a renowned
> Mycologist showed using compost and added fungi to de-comtaminate soil
> soaked in fuel oil.
>
> I highly recommend watching this, if you can find it.

A bit more description may help. At the 2006 Bioneers Conference, for
example, Paul Stamets talked about mycoattractants and mycopesticides,
and referenced a patent
<http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsearch-adv.htm&r=1&p=1&f=G&l=50&d=PTXT&S1=stamets.INNM.&OS=IN/stamets&RS=IN/stamets>
which had just been issued to him that could "revamp the pesticide
industry". He said that it could rid a house of termites and carpenter
ants for $1 a year! A really, really short excerpt from that talk is
linked via this page <http://fungifest.com/2007/03>. Apparently the
whole talk is available for download (audio only) for $2 from here
<https://secure.bioneers.org/node/580>.

But a talk at a conference does not sound like an episode of... a TV/web
show(? "an episode of 'Bioneers...'"). I suppose an episode could
extract from and be built around such a talk, but is that what happened?
Was it even this particular mycologist or some other?

Would it be possible to offer more information, if you remember or have it?

d.

--
David William House
	503-678-5162 (home)

	"The Complete Biogas Handbook" www.completebiogas.com

	"Make no search for water.   But find thirst,
	And water from the very ground will burst."
	   (Rumi, a Persian mystic poet, quoted in Delight of Hearts, p. 77)