[permaculture] Ferrocement water tank pix

Lawrence F. London, Jr. lflj at intrex.net
Fri Dec 14 23:01:03 EST 2007

Keith Johnson wrote:

> Peter and I recently finished laying pipe to plumb our water tank and
> have started to install the roof catchment parts of the system.
> You can look at pix of the project at
> http://picasaweb.google.com/KeithDJPcA/FerrocementTankPix02

Nice work. What design factors are required to give it enough vertical and circumferential structural rigidity to keep
it from bursting from hydrostatic pressure and is the concrete thicker at the base that near the top?

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/viewPhoto?uname=KeithDJPcA&aid=5141688084664055841&iid=5141688179153336402
The stone gutter in this pic is just like downtown. I used to build some of these for landscape customers.
If you have a lot of flow this feature is essential.
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.
lflj at intrex.net
lflj at bellsouth.net
venaurafarm at bellsouth.net
Venaura Farm http://venaurafarm.blogspot.com
Agriculture, Market Farming & Permaculture
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech
Permaculture mailing list
Permaculture Wiki/Database
http://www.permaculture.info/index.php/Main_Page