[permaculture] feeding sugar to bees

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 24 10:51:04 EDT 2007

Despite the hard frosts taking out a lot of tree and shrub flowers
locally (Bloomington IN) quite a few blossoms survived. In many lawns
the dandelions are blooming up a storm. If I had mowed, like many of my
neighbors who couldn't even wait for the grass to grow, most of the lawn
flowers would have been reduced to mulch. If I were a pollinator, I'd be
VERY grateful for dandelions. Still might experiment with offering
additional food. In the meantime, I'm rapidly replacing lawn with
blooming species.
Keith

--
Keith Johnson