[permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

J. Kolenovsky garden at hal-pc.org
Wed Apr 11 01:40:47 EDT 2007

Tom, your reasoning and eloquence about the whole deal is unbeatable.
Yes, the average Doe on the street is ignorant and all they can
comprehend and hold on to is "Global Warming". You should have seen the
glazed eyes over when I told the lunch table about Permaculture,
recapture of resources/energy and the 3 R's  working into our lifestyle.
I told them America is responsible for 25% of greenhouse emmissions and
CONSUMES 4X what the rest of the world consumes. I told them about green
architecture. I shot down Ethanol as a watered down sheer bandaid
covering an unsightly gangreney gash. I told them that earth has
approached and passed critical mass when the world pop passed 4 bil.
(might be 5 but most get the point). Everybody has excuses but no one
wants to take ownership of their part in it!  Well.....you know, at
least the facts are being slammed at them and maybe a poor sob will join
ranks down the road.

Ryan Power was dead on (right on Ryan) when he said  "Climate change is
an emergent quality of all of the activities of industrial civilization.
We're talking about an entirely unsustainable culture. We live in a
culture in which there is something fundamentally destructive about how
it approaches reality." Sounds like attitude and selfishness to me.
Take away their Beamers,
I-pods, GPS, plasma screens, etc, etc, etc, ad infitum. BTW, plasma
screens use 400% more energy than LCD. O-k you self-centered brats out
there in me-me land - buy LCD's. I read where 1 aluminum can recyled
produces enough energy to power a television for 3 hours.

Quess all I can say is if things don't change, something will change.

Message: 1