[permaculture] spinach fecoterrorism?

Marimike6 at cs.com Marimike6 at cs.com
Thu Sep 21 17:38:29 EDT 2006

Keith-- It might not be fecal terrorists spreading the poo on our spinach--
unless they are bovine-o-fascists. Here's one person's view that the culprit--
E. coli O157:H7-- is only found in the overly acidic gut of cattle that are
fed grains instead of grass.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/21/opinion/21planck.html?ex=1158984000&
en=4243879375d8130f&ei=5087%0A

(This article is well worth reading, so I would advise anyone not having
access to NYT articles to sign up. It costs nothing, although you do get a cookie
to identify you to the web site.)

Yet another good argument in favor of free range, grass-fed beef. And
chickens. And anything else that requires massive amounts of antibiotics to survive
the beastly conditions they live their lives out in, in confined animal feedlot
operations (CAFOs).