[permaculture] permaculture has everything to do with politics

Rain Tenaqiya raincascadia at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 01:16:03 EDT 2006

In addition to what Robyn Francis and others had to say, permaculture is about creating permanent culture.  Politics is simply the creation of social policy, which is one of the ways that we create culture.  There are a lot of random posts on this list, so I don't want to encourage more, but if we can suggest ways of applying the permaculture principles and design methods to address political problems, then please do so.

  Obviously, the Bush administration understands the principle that what goes around comes around and they are trying to block the free functioning of feedback for their actions.  Despite what some New Agers and other religionists say, it does seem possible for individuals to largely escape retribution for harmful actions.  But what about the effects on future generations?  If they are good politicians, the bushies should be able to turn a problem into a solution.  Let's see.

  Rain