[permaculture] In Case I Disappear, By William Rivers Pitt

Keith Johnson keithdj at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 5 21:49:43 EDT 2006

 In Case I Disappear,  By William Rivers Pitt

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906J.shtml

    "If you write a letter to the editor attacking Bush, you could be
deemed as purposefully and materially supporting hostilities against the
United States. If you organize or join a public demonstration against
Iraq, or against the administration, the same designation could befall
you. One dark-comedy aspect of the legislation is that senators or House
members who publicly disagree with Bush, criticize him, or organize
investigations into his dealings could be placed under the same
designation. In effect, Congress just gave Bush the power to lock them up."

*Habeas Corpus, R.I.P. (1215 - 2006)*    By Molly Ivins

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906B.shtml

    Fellow citizens, this bill throws out legal and moral restraints as
the president deems it necessary-these are fundamental principles of
basic decency, as well as law.
    I'd like those supporting this evil bill to spare me one affliction:
Do not, please, pretend to be shocked by the consequences of this
legislation. And do not pretend to be shocked when the world begins
comparing us to the Nazis.

--
Keith Johnson
Permaculture Activist Magazine