[permaculture] keeping cool

Kathy Evans evansdk at earthlink.net
Tue May 30 18:42:10 EDT 2006

Hello all, Kathy in Missouri, new to the list, thanks for the welcome
earlier. I am trying to reduce my "energy footprint" but I turn into wilted
lettuce when it's hot and humid not to mention I get very cranky. I would
like ideas for keeping the house cooler without a/c, given that I can't
afford to install new equipment at the moment, and/or for keeping myself
cool. I work at home. I take many brief cool showers. I've heard of putting
a bowl of ice in front of a fan but haven't tried it.       Thanks, Kathy