[permaculture] pc class in South East Iowa

Grover Stock foodforest at earthlink.net
Sun May 28 12:32:11 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,
This course will be taught by Douglas Bullock and Lonnie Gamble at a
really cool permaculture site near Fairfield, Iowa...
Come on out if you can!
Grover Stock

PERMACULTURE DESIGN CERTIFICATION COURSE:  SOLUTION TO PEAK OIL
JUNE 5-19 Fairfield, Iowa

Permaculture is a design system for creating human environments that
are ecologically sound & economically viable. In a world of
diminishing resources and increasing stresses on natural and social
systems, permaculturists all over the globe regenerate degraded
landscapes, convert our energy-wasteful infrastructure, and shelter
and feed growing populations simply by implementing sustainable
community designs.  We invite you to join us at this year's
Permaculture Course and together we can make a difference!

WHAT WILL I LEARN?

Ecological Entrepreneurism
Energy Efficient Building/Natural Construction
Solar/Wind Energy
Bioremediation & Biological Waste Treatment
Tree Care & Perennial Polycultures as Income Producers
Soil Revitalization & Plant Propagation & Tree Grafting
Integrative Farming Forest Gardening & Aquaculture
Changing Local Climates & Making Rain
Observation & Landscape Analysis
Harvesting Rainwater for Cultivation,
Reforestation, & Spring/Watershed Restoration
Mimicking Effective Patterns in Nature
Cooperative Economics, Money & Financial Systems
Making biodiesel
Designing Sustainable Communities

WHO TAKES A PERMACULTURE INTENSIVE
Homeowners & Renters, Municipal, State & Federal Employees, Building
Design &
Construction Professionals, Landscape Architects, Designers &
Gardeners, Farmers, Entrepreneurs, Students & Educators, Everyone!

LIVE, LEARN, WORK, & CREATE IN SOLAR/WIND POWERED FACILITIES THAT
REFLECT ALL
THE PRINCIPLES TAUGHT IN THE COURSE: June 5-19, 2006 All course
materials, workshops/lectures/films, field trips,
delicious vegetarian meals & simple accommodations $1,200 (for
residents who provide their own lodging $800)
For more info   Email: foodforest at mac.com        Phone: (641) 469-5600